Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds of zucchini, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- half an onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) of chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs. of butter, cubed
- 2 tbs. of milk
1. Spray a pot with nonstick cooking spray. Heat 2 tsp. of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt; saute until tender, 2 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring often. Add zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
2. Add chicken broth. Then add just enough water to submerge all ingredients. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
3. Pureé soup in a blender. Add the butter and milk and blend again. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and blend.
Serve soup with bread or croutons.